Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas

Christmas, what has it become? Getting presents, buying presents, wondering what to buy, the birth of Jesus, Santa, what is it to you? I so want it to be about the right thing, the birth of my wonderful Savoir, but it always ends up being about the presents or the lack there of. This year like most years we set a budget for each child. I just got out everything we bought for Alex and it seems like so little. As I sat here thinking it was not enough, I wondered how I had let the birth of my Savior become how much I had bought for my children. There are many children who would take a mom and dad that loves them over the gifts that I have bought. I am sad that I feel like it is not enough, that is not what it is about I know, but then why do I feel like I should some how do more? I hate what I have let Christmas become. I know there are many children that will only get only what is donated or nothing at all. My children have so much more than material things. I made the comment today that Christmas was a hassle, wow, that is just truly sad.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Something to consider...

We have never bought more than we could afford. We have tried to always keep a realistic goal for the purchase's we have made. We also have always tried to make Christmas more that what we give or get.

Sadly, at this time, many families are forced to give less. Also sadly, many of these families do not have the real meaning of Christmas to ponder. To many, Christmas is nothing more than the annual show of affection that gift giving creates.

As a family, we know the real meaning of Christmas. We know why the gifts are important and we are raising our children to understand what Christmas is all about.

It may look like not enough. But it is so much more than most will ever understand.

I am so blessed to have the wife that I do. I am so blessed to have the children that I do. I have so much love and real happiness, something that many find absent in their lives. There is no absence in my life. My life is filled with happiness and joy in abundance.

The real meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus and to celebrate the best things in life. My heart overflows with love for Mandi, Briana, Alex and a large circle of friends and family.

We are rich in ways that many will never know. So, my Christmas wish is that others find themselves where I find myself. Happy with what I have and blessed by those around me.

And...

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Mandi said...

As I wipe away the tears, I am so blessed to have my husband. A man who keeps me accoutable and leads my family. He is so right, so many have on the outside more than us but on the inside we have oh so much more. Thank you Terry for making me see what we have. I love you.