Thursday, August 14, 2008

12 Years ago today


12 years ago today my sweet niece Kiera was born, and 6 short months later she was gone (She had RSV). In many ways it seems like it has been a hundred years, since I stood outside the door and heard her first cry. I was in love from the minute I laid eyes on her. She was such a sweet baby girl. She had a smile that would lite up the room, she was always so happy. She spent most of her young life with me or my mom, we adored her.
At the time she died I was not following God, I had a hard time with this. I was very angry with God, when my moms preacher tried to talk to me I was not very nice to him (I am ashamed of that now), but I just did not want to hear what he had to say. I would be lying if I said that I understood why God had to take her, but I do know now that there IS a reason and that one day I WILL be with her again. There is much more to this story, but today I just want to focus on the good not all of the ugly stuff. I have been very weepy today, I still miss her, she was only with us for 6 months, but she was my sweet little pudding. Happy Birthday Sweet Kiera.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is one of those times, where I really have no words. God knows our needs, and so I will pray for you.