Friday, April 18, 2008

Nursing school

Well, I found out this week I did not get accepted into the nursing program. I am bummed about it, but I know it is not Gods time for this, or I would have gotten in. I talked to someone in the nursing department and she told me that I was very close. Sometimes I think it feels better to not have a chance than to be told you were a few points from getting in. It makes me feel like if I would have tried just a little harder. But, then I stop and realize, how well I have done and how far I have come. When God placed the desire in me to seek my nursing degree, I was terrified I could not do it. And, here I am 2 years later with a 3.6 GPA. Wow, if someone would have told me that when I started I would have told them they were crazy,and I give God all the glory. So, I am looking at this as a good thing.
This whole thing has been God driven, I never had any desire to go into the medical field, but God knew where I needed to be and that is where He has placed me.

I know all of this is leading to what Amy ask us in women's Legacy the other night. She told us to think about what our passions were,I don't think I have ever really thought about what my passions are, out side of my family of course. Every time I thought about what am I passionate about I would think of all the pictures I have seen on Crystals, Jamies,and other peoples blogs I do not even know. I sit and watch videos of the children in these countries and I just cry. My heart breaks for the poor children who die from disease that are curable or from just not having clean water and food. To see the hopelessness in their little eyes just rips my heart out, I so want to love all over these sweet children, and in some way help to bring them some comfort. Look how God can use something as simple as blogging to stir something inside of us. So, this is what makes me passionate,and now I have to prepare myself for how ever God wants to use this passion. I know that it is not time for me yet, I just want to be ready when He calls to say "Yes Lord I am ready to go". And, for those who do not know me this is out of my comfort zone for sure, I am not the kind of girl who likes to rough it. My idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn. So, the thought of going into countries that have no water and electricity scares me to death. I really like my showers, but God has a great sense of humor, and puts desires on our heart that scare the bejevers out of us. So, for now I wait on God to prepare me for His plans. I can not wait to see where God takes me.

5 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I can't wait to see where he is taking you too!
:)jamie

The Shingletons said...

Praying for you my friend! Shawnah

Kelly said...

Hang in there about school. It took me twice to get in, and the second time they had told me no at first. I got a phone call the night before classes started & asked me if I still wanted in. I was an alternate & didn't even know it. God's timing is perfect for all things. Praying for you :0)

The Johnson Family said...

Mandi I am so sorry about nursing school, I do not think I got in either but I do not think my application got processed. Blondy got in!!! I agree God's timing is perfect and this year I really want to enjoy my sweet SH so it is okay that my file got lost.:) I have a rare moment with internet and wanted to check in on you I have not seen your comments lately and I wanted you to know how encouraging they were to me. Your offer to help was so appreciated Shane has been aable to work it out with my mom aunt and nana. I am coming home sat. I alos cannot wait to see where God leads you I would love for you to come here with me in a couple years as two nurse man what we could do!! God has truly touched my heart and I will be working hard at getting back to help his people al over the world when he is ready to use me.

Terry said...

Just for the record. School was making you a "blond" so I thing you needed a break anyway.

:)

Love ya!