Saturday, June 21, 2008

My baby boy is 6



Today is Alex's 6th birthday. We had a great party at the splash pad. He had a few friends, it is hard to have a party this time of year, many people are out of town. But, his best buddies were there and we had a blast. He got lots of good stuff and we were able to talk about how blessed God has made our lives. I love when there are real teachable moments. Then we went and spent his money at the game store (his favorite thing PSP2), and had dinner at Ci Cis pizza (he got to choose). I am so blessed to have this wonderful little boy in my life. Alex is such a fun boy, he is hard headed, head strong, full of himself, and a full time job, but I would not change one crazy moment. I can not wait to see what God has planned for his life. I can not wait until all of the court stuff is over and he is legally my son. He is already my son, but I just can not wait till the day that I have a birth certificate that has my name as his mother and Terry as his father. We are having a party when that happens, so look for that soon (my biggest prayer). Please join me in this prayer. We are getting closer to the court date (July 18). I know that my God has this under control but my human self wants it all done now. I can not even imagine my life with out him. He is such a full of life, wild man, and I love him more than anything. I am a blessed woman to have a wonderful husband, a beautiful young woman as my daughter, and a live wire son. Thank you God for my family. Today was a great day.

2 comments:

The Shingletons said...

I can't believe he is 6 already!! Time flies! He is so wonderful! I am praying for July 18 :)

I am also so excited about Super Suppers! I'm glad I got to see it today! It's great! We're having crab cakes and shrimp, chicken and artichoke bake for dinner! YUM!

Love you! Shawnah

Anonymous said...

First: Super Suppers???? WHAT!?!?! That is awesome.

Secondly: Alex is?!?!

Third: Congrats on your anniversary! Some people are truly soul mates.

Fourth: You have a blog??? Sweet!

love you. miss you.

Rachel