Friday, July 4, 2008

Ten Years ago today


Ten years ago today I married my best friend. I can not believe it has been 10 years. I will never forget the way Terry ask me to marry him. He took me on a trip to Gulf Shores on New Years, and under a beautiful full moon, at my favorite place, on one knee, he ask me to be his wife (and might I add with a beautiful ring). I remember being excited, scared and in shock. I had no idea, and if you know me, you know how nosy I am, and how hard that had to be lol. This was a second marriage for both of us so we talked about what we wanted and did not want. We decided against a big wedding(been there done that), we would just come back to Gulf Shores and get married on the 4th of July. We did not want it to be a big deal just family. We told our friends and everyone wanted to be a part of our day. So, by the time it was all said and done over 30 people followed us to the beach. We were going to get married on the beach, but the more I thought about the weather that time of year I decided it was a bad idea, and boy was I right it was over 100 degrees that day. We got married at the Gulf Shores Wedding Chapel, and it was beautiful. My mom gave me away and Briana stood beside me. I wish I had a pic to put on here(only have real live pics), it was so simple and so pretty. Everyone that was important to us was there. After we were married we went to lunch, and then that night we had a party at the pool and watched the fireworks, it was magical.

Over the past 10 years there have been many ups and downs, but I can tell you one thing that has only grown stronger and that is my love for Terry. Through everything that has happened the one constant person in my life has always been Terry. He has always been faithful, hard working and my friend through all we have been through. So many couples give up when it gets hard, it has only made us stronger as a couple. And, I am so proud of that. The most important thing that has happened in this last ten years is that Terry gave his life to Christ and I rededicated my life to Christ. We did not start our marriage seeking God, but we are daily seeking Him, and want to have a marriage that brings glory to Him.

Terry, I know you will read this(you are one of my few readers lol) and I just want you to know how much I love you and I am so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for loving me and our children. Thank you for always supporting me, and being my very best friend in the world. And, most of all thank you for showing Briana how a woman should be treated, and Alex how a man should treat his wife. Thank you for putting up with my crazy self. I can not wait to watch you grow old since I will not be doing that (ha!ha!). I can not wait to see what God is going to do in our lives, I am ready for the ride good or bad I am going on this ride with you. I love you, happy anniversary.

3 comments:

Terry said...

By this time ten years ago, I had been rear ended at a red light, married to my best friend, given more cash from family and friends than ever before or since and consummated the marriage. It was a wild and busy day.

The good times continued through the night with a sandwich tray from Subway, lots of beer and fireworks on the beach hanging around the pool. It was fun, memorable and the best thing I ever did in my life.

Because of you I have a beautiful, intelligent daughter. A beautiful, intelligent son and a happy, joyful, super fun home. I am quite sure my life was forever changed in ways I will never be completely aware of. It sure changed in ways that I have been aware of.

And those would be changes for the better :)

Ten years later it seems that God has plans for us we didn't see coming. No matter what he has in store for us, one thing will always remain the same. My love for you grows stronger through the years. Because of you my life is filled with love. From friends and family, I am surrounded by love.

I am where I am because of you. Where I go in the future will be because of you and I can't wait to see what life has in store for us through the next ten, twenty and thirty plus years.

I love you and the children so much. Thank you for being my best friend and wife.

Happy anniversary.

Terry

Kelly said...

How romantic you guys are :o)

Happy Anniversary!!!

The Shingletons said...

My mascara is running!!
Happy Anniversary!