Thursday, July 10, 2008

My mind wont be still, so I blog

Here I am sitting up when the rest of the house is sleeping. I do this alot, it seems like lately when I lay down in the bed my thoughts just go crazy. I can not turn them off long enough to go to sleep, any one else have this problem? I usually get up and go to bible gateway and read. Don't you think it is amazing how God can give us a word just when we need it? I love how that always happens, many times the same verse will come up in different settings, I just love how He speaks to me.

I have been struggling lately with faith, knowing that God is going to take care of everything, but convincing myself of this has been a battle lately. I feel like Peter and if I take my eyes off of Jesus I will sink and he will say to me "ye of little faith, why did you doubt" I know that doubt comes from satan, and I have to be careful not to let him have a stronghold on me, so I am trying very hard to keep my eyes on Jesus. I want to stay on the water walking towards Him. I do pretty good most of the time, but satan is persistent and he tries to get me at 1:45am. So I fight him by reading the word and right now blogging lol. I know the things we go through make us stronger, we mature and sometime even learn the things that God wants us to learn. I know that I am right where God wants me and that no matter the outcome of everything, the one thing that will with out a doubt stay the same is my wonderful God that I am leaning on and becoming closer to every day, moment by moment. OK I feel better, I am going to give the bed another try.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I completely understand your sleep issues. I often lay there in bed thinkng just go back to sleep, and when I have not been able to go back to sleep I start thinking- ok God I am listening, why do I not hear you? You must have something important for me to hear, if you won't let my tired body/mind sleep. It is usually a really good time to have "quiet time," as most other times around my house it is not so quiet :o)

PS:
We are going to have some basil pork chops w/penne pasta tonight--can't wait to tell you what the crew thinks of it :o)