Monday, March 17, 2008

Procrastination

I am sitting here at work studying my safe harbor lesson, that I have to be ready to teach tonight. It struck my as funny that the lesson is on Perfectionism and Procrastination, and that is exactly what I am doing, procrastinating. That is what I do most times, I am the worst at putting things off till the last minute. Many times I have thought this to be lazy of me and other times have no idea why I do this. In my lesson it said that procrastination is a symptom of being a perfectionist. I laughed out loud, I am far from a perfectionist. Then it went on to say "procrastination is not doing something for fear of not doing it right. People procrastinate usually it is from uncertainty or lack of confidence." It also said that the root cause of this negative thinking that leads to procrastinating could be from previous failures, or abrasive or abusive comments from people around you or in your past. Many times I think I am getting more out of leading this class than the ones I am suppose to be leading. Just when I think I have dealt with most all of the things of my past God shows me another area that still needs some work.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me" (2 Cor. 12:9)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Isn't it great how God reveals things to us when we least expect it? I love how He does that. Sometimes when I am searching and searching I think I miss His answers because I want them a certain way ~ but when He just reveals something I am not looking for . . . it just seems to be so loving and so perfect and so understandable.

Does that make any sense at all? :)

Much Love!

Terry said...

Tiffany, only if you have been there. I've been there. I'll be there again I am sure.

Kelly said...

I am right there w/you. I used to be on time to everything, and well prepared. Now it seems like there is always so much going on I can hardly keep up. I also use to want to make sure everything was done "just right" Sometimes, now I am just glad to have things done. It is nice to know God is the one in control of it all--it totally takes the pressure off.
Thanks for the bible verse.